Pride week in Vancouver is almost here! To celebrate and show my pride I thought it would be fun to do some flashy nails for some of the pride events I’ll be at! I just did one nail in the photos but you could go all out and do all of your nails!
1. Things you’ll need: Rainbow colors nail polish (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) I found some at the dollar store, Black nail polish (I used ‘Never Enough Shoes‘), Glitter Top Coat (I used ‘Flurry Up‘), Cuticle cutters, French manicure nail guides (I used KISS French Manicure Tip Guides).
2. Paint your nails black and let them dry fully.
3. The nail guides come on a sheet that you can separate in half. Separate one sheet, take one half and cut this in half, length wise. You’ll have shorter pieces to work with. Then cut this sheet into sections of 5 guides each, one guide for each finger. Paint each section of guides a different color of the rainbow and let them dry. You should have 6 sections of guides painted a different color.
4. Take the red painted section first and pull off 1 guide. Lay it on your finger near the tip of your nail. I did mine slightly diagonal. Then do the same with an orange guide and lay it right up against the red one. With these guides you can pull them off and replace the same guide without wrecking your nail polish underneath. Then do the same with a yellow guide.
5. Place a green, then blue, then purple guide on your nail and it should look like picture #5 so far.
6. Take your cuticle cutters and snip off any excess of the guides hanging past the nail on each side and across the nail tip if you need to.
7. Press down the edges so they are sticking to your nail. Repeat steps 4-7 on each nail you want done.
8. Take your glitter top coat and brush it over the entire nail surface. Let it dry fully and you’re done!
I would love to see your pride nail ideas so visit me on twitter and tweet me a picture of your pride nail creations!
Happy Pride Everyone!!!